- Submission must be equal to or no greater than five (5) minutes in length and may not exceed 5 MB in file size;
- Submission must be submitted as an mp3 or mp4 format.
- ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BETWEEN May 15 AND August 30 – 2012
- Winners will be announced and notified by September 15, 2011
The Submission must meet the following content restrictions:
- Submission must NOT contain material which is (or promoting activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, dangerous substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or material that contains any derogatory references to any Contest Entities.
- Submission must be entirely original to the Entrant and must NOT include mention or performance of any copyrighted material (including but not limited to non-original music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property) and must not infringe on any third-party trademarks (including, but not limited to brand or product names).
- All musical compositions contained in the Submission must be original and wholly owned and administered by the Entrant.
- Entrants who submit Submissions, which violate any of these requirements, may be deemed ineligible to receive the prize and their Submission may be void at the Sponsors’ sole discretion.
- Each Entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Contest Entities harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Entrant hereunder, or from Entrant’s participation in the Contest.
- MATERIALS/RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS/PUBLICITY RIGHTS: In consideration of a Submission being reviewed and evaluated for this Contest, each Entrant hereby grants to the Sponsors, Presenting Sponsor, Administrator, the non-exclusive license to use, copy, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display such Submission, or any portion thereof, including submitted by Entrant in connection with the Contest in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to all forms of electronic media, print media and all forms of internet and wireless protocol. Each Entrant understands that his or her name and other Material may be posted on the Website in connection with Contest. Entrant agrees that the Sponsors and their Designees have no obligation to post a Submission or any Material on the Website. Each Entrant authorizes the Sponsors and their Designees to create promotional materials). Each Entrant releases the Contest Entities, and their assigns and licensees, from any and all claims or liability (now known or hereafter arising), including but not limited to any claims for defense and/or indemnity, in connection therewith. Each Entrant agrees and acknowledges that participation in the Contest, including, without limitation, the Entrant’s decision to provide a Submission for purposes of the Contest, shall not give rise to any confidential, fiduciary, implied-in-fact, implied-in-law, or other special relationship between the Contest Entities and Entrant, does not place the Contest Entities in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Entrant’s Submission, and that the only contracts, express or implied, between the Sponsors and their Designees and Entrant is as set forth in these Official Rules and any additional release forms. In addition, by participating in the Contest and providing a Submission, each Entrant hereby grants permission (except where prohibited by law) for the Sponsors and their Designees to use Entrant’s Submission, name, likeness, voice, quotes, comments, biographical information, photograph and/or image for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion.
- CONTEST JUDGING: Submissions will be judged by a panel consisting of no less than one pro-writer, one member of the general public and a TOP winner of the previous year’s song contest. There will be no more than five judges and no less than three who will select the winning entries. Submissions will be scored based on the criteria below to select the ten (15) Semi-Finalist Submissions.
An Entrant’s marketing and self-promotion ability are not factored into the judging criteria.
- Creativity: 25%
- Originality: 25%
- Entertainment Value & Appeal: 25%
- Lyrics and melody: 25%
Good Luck with your entries!!!